I find myself noticing the lack of television more as some more time has gone by. I'm not talking about sitting around for hours glued to the television screen, but just small amounts at a time. Normally when I would have a bit of free time I would just flip on the TV and watch for a few minutes, not really getting into a show or anything but just something to pass a little time. Since giving up TV for this media deprivation experiment I am beginning to find myself looking for new ways to pass even the smallest amounts of time.
Maybe I was relying on my TV more than I thought, not noticing how often I watch it even if it is only for a very short amount of time. As of now I haven't found a replacement for these times, as I don;t see it worth it to turn the computer on and start poking around to only kill ten or fifteen minutes at a time. Maybe I'll change my mind about possible replacement technologies, or maybe I'll discover some new way to pass the time. I guess I'll just have to wait and see right?
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're another one who gave up TV. . .I'm actually beginning to think that if I gave up TV, i would miss it. My room wouldn't have commercial jingles filling up the quiet "'/ anyway, good luck to you! You could always try reading a book or two in the meantime =P
ReplyDelete- Nhya