Sunday, February 14, 2010

talk about bad timing


I wish I would have thought this decision to give up television a little more. I have since realized that I am unable to watch the Olympics, oops! My family and I often watch the different events together whenever the Olympics are running, which I now cannot do. I know that watching a lot of TV would, in most cases, be said to draw you away from "quality time" with family; in this case not watching TV is actually not allowing me to spend this time with my family.
Although I am usually good about getting work done, I do have to admit that I often push it off until the last minute before doing it. Since giving up television I find myself getting my work done in a more reasonable time frame. A classmate had suggested I read a book with my newly found free time. I guess that, in a way, I am doing that. Even though it is not the same as actually picking up a novel and getting a good read on, I am using my time constructively and getting more work done in my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment